Thursday, January 12, 2012

Radish Chips!

What a week. I got a lovely little cold (cough, cough), so it was fly by the seat of my pants and just get something on the table for dinner. So, to make up for it, I used a lot of stuff for dinner tonight. I had a nice little tri-tip in the freezer, so I took that out to thaw this morning. Grilled that up real nice. To go with it, I sauteed all that yummy spinach. Just a little olive oil and salt and pepper and it was perfect. We also finished up the rest of the romaine. And instead of a starch, I made these radish chips instead.

The recipe can be found here. Since I only had about 7-8 radishes in my bunch, I halved the recipe and they came out perfect. A nice mix of spices without being too spicy. I took mine out of the oven a bit prematurely...I'd let them go a few minutes longer, but I think it depends on how thin you slice them. I used my mandolin, but I think next time I'll go a little thinner. Definitely something to try again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lissa D, I followed your page over from a blog that discussed "Wonders Never Cease" in the comments. When you mentioned that you had learned it in a NJ elementary school circa 1979-83, I wondered if by some chance we had gone to the same school with the same music teacher. I went to 1st grade and part of 3rd grade in Highland Park, NJ. If this is a match, please send me a note if you are curious at all: [saintsandspinners AT gmail DOT com]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...no, not Highland Park, but Woodbridge, NJ. Not far. Perhaps the same teacher? I think her name was Monselci (sp?)

    ReplyDelete