Saturday, January 7, 2012

First Haul!

Week 1! Here we go! Before I start, funny story. I'm lounging in bed this morning, listening to my husband play with the girls and I get a phone call. Who's calling before 8AM? You automatically think bad news, right? Thankfully, it wasn't, but I completely spaced on picking up my basket this morning! The ladies from Bountiful Baskets kindly called to remind me instead of donating my basket. Not that that would be a BAD thing, but how embarassing for me to start this blog with nothing to start with?!? Ladies, I owe you and will be there to volunteer next time. Pinky promise!

OK, on to the basket. It contains a head of romaine lettuce, a bunch of spinach, a bunch of large radishes, a small bunch of broccoli, 2 large yellow onions, 3 avocados, a large bag of black grapes, a box of blackberries, 2 Asian pears, 8 oranges (tangelos?), 4 apples, and 5 tomatoes. I put the avocados and tomatoes into paper bags as they need to ripen.

Already, I ate one of the pears. One girl had an apple, the other had some blackberries, and hubby had an orange. I never have to struggle to get my crew to eat fruit. The veggies are a bit more challenging. Sigh.

Most of this will be consumed as you see it, but I do have some plans for the radishes and bananas. I know you'll be sitting there waiting with great anticipation... 

No comments:

Post a Comment